The Georgetown South (GTS) Project will provide infrastructure improvements to meet existing GO Transit ridership demand and future growth. It will also accommodate the new Union Pearson Express (formerly known as the Air Rail Link) service between Union Station and Pearson International Airport. This project is one of the key elements of The Big Move.
Rail Corridor Access to begin early February at 158 Sterling Rd.
What we are doing
- We are grading and installing track and signals between Lansdowne Avenue and Dupont Street to complete the expanded rail corridor for increased transit service.
- We are accessing the corridor at two locations to finish construction by the end of this year. The first is already in use at Dundas Street West and Brad Street. The second access will be at 158 Sterling Road where we will also store new track materials.
- Trucks will cross the West Toronto Railpath to enter and exit the rail corridor at the Sterling Road location.How this will affect you
- We will begin to use the 158 Sterling Road access/storage on early February until the end of 2014.
- Railpath users will have the right-of-way over
construction vehicles. A traffic control person will be
positioned at the access point during construction hours. Appropriate signage will be in place along the path advising users of the condition ahead. Signage will also be placed along the access road reminding drivers to stop and yield to railpath users.
- Regular work hours are Monday to Friday 7 a.m. to 7p.m., Saturdays 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. There may be occasional work on Sundays from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- We expect an average of 8 to 10 trucks per hour to use this access on a daily basis.
- All trucks will travel along Sterling Road from Dundas Street West to access the construction site.
- We will regularly clean the roads our trucks will be using, including the West Toronto Railpath.East Corridor Mailing ListWe want to maintain regular communications with our neighbours while work is being completed. To receive updates and information about the work in your community, please send an email to email@example.com referencing the East Corridor mailing list and include your name, address, telephone number and email.
Thank you for your patience as we work on the East Corridor Grading, Track and Signals Project
For more information, please contact Rob at the Strachan Community Office at 416-581-1300 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns
Pour obtenir cette information en français, contactez 416-581-1300 ou email@example.com
Per ottenere queste informazioni in italiano, chiamare il 416-581-1300 oppure contattare firstname.lastname@example.org
Para obter esta informação disponível em português, favor contatar pelo telefone 416-581-1300 ou e-mail email@example.com Aby uzyskać te informacje w języku polskim, proszę zadzwonić pod numer 416-581-1300 lub wejść na stronę firstname.lastname@example.org 如希望以简体中文阅读本信息,请通过电话 416-581-1300 或 email@example.com 进行联系
Your Strachan Community Relations team is Mandeep, Carmen, Salza and Rob 901 King Street West ● 416-581-1300 ● firstname.lastname@example.org ● gotransit.com/gts
The red and blue areas represent the access road and storage area at 158 Sterling Road